The fire had burnt out and the air was rapidly cooling , so we agreed it would be a good night to go early to bed. And if the phone rings we will not answer it the fellow announced.
Loose body awareness by gazing into the flame.
I had just drifted to sleep when I heard him stagger from bed and after awhile “I will bring Lorraine to the phone.” I listened, bundled in a blanket, to the call no one wants to make or receive.
I wish to tell you some news as Donald( name changed)is a good friend of yours.He has had a brain tumour removed.
I could tell by her breathing that my girlfriend was holding tight to stop the tears and be able to deliver her message about her husband.
We are walking in nature, I am crying a lot.”- Good tears release endorphins which help you to manage the extra stessors.
The next phone call
“We need to change our diet. No white flour and no white sugar. no meat. Oh dear I remember those wonderful German pastries.” Donald is still cooking and seems not to worry about the future Chemo therapy and Radiation that he will receive daily for the next six weeks
” I am coping by seeing a psychologist and having massages. Did I believe in Energy healing?” The questions tumble out each time we Skype.
The energetics of our body. painting by Lorraine Willcock
Donald is now added to my healing meditation I send daily to the world
Remember that International best seller Eat , Pray , Love well I’ve added a few.
Pray, keep faith and smile!
Prayer is the best form of reassurance and support to keep you anxiety-free. over backward it is guaranteed to bring you peace.
Developing habits of daily prayer, chanting or singing bhajans (devotional songs)
Just sing It improves breathing and you feel so much better. fills you with positive energy and also helps still the mind. They also instill a sense of deep faith that all happens for the best and that there is a higher divine power that takes care of all life forms. Moreover, make a conscious effort to smile more and more. It will instill confidence, calmness and positivity instantaneously. Try it out right now!
“Think about what you can do for others.
When we constantly remain stuck in ‘me and mine’, it makes room for stress and anxiety. Our world shrinks and we become possessive. Rather, shift your attention to how you can be of some use to others around you. This way of thinking will energise you and bring you much joy.
And yes Know the impermanence of the world.
When this realisation acknowledges that everything around us is temporary and will change, we become relaxed and settled from within. A feeling of ‘this too shall pass arises in us and frees us from anxiety.” Meditation will help you settle into this feeling.The art of living.com
and as you mentioned food
Here are 10 foods you could add into your diet that can help improve your mind/ body health.By Hayley Hobson • Originally published on Mind Body Green.
published on thefoodrevolutionnetwork.com Ocean Robbins
1. Leafy greens. Some ideas: kale, spinach, collard and mustard greens. These foods are high in folate and B9, which improve cognition and reduce depression.
2. Cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, brussels sprouts and kale contain folate and have cartenoids that lower homo-cysteine (an amino acid linked with cognitive impairment).
3. Beans and legumes. These foods contain more folate, iron, magensium and potassium that can help with general body function and neuron firing. They also contain choline, a B vitamin that boosts acetylcholine (a neuro transmitter critical for brain function).
4. Whole grains. Good bets include quinoa, kammut and gluten-free oats (not bread and cereal)
5. Berries and cherries. These fruits contain anthocyanin that protects the brain from further damage caused by free radicals. They also have anti-inflammatory properties and contain antioxidants and lots of vitamin C and E.
6. Pumpkin, squash, asparagus, tomatoes, carrots and beets. These vegetables, if not overcooked, contain vitamin A, folate and iron that help with cognition.
7. Omega 3s. People whose diets contain daily omega 3s have been shown to have 26% less risk of having brain lesions that cause dementia compared with those who do not. These fatty acids help the brain to stay in top shape. You can get your omega fatty acids from fish, flax seeds, olive oil (not safflower) or by taking a good quality omega 3 supplement.
8. Almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans. All of these nuts contain omega-3s and omega-6s, vitamin E, folate, vitamin B6 and magnesium.
9. Sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. These seeds contain zinc, choline and vitamin E.
10. Cinnamon, sage, tumeric and cumin. Theses spices can all help to break up brain plaque and reduce inflammation of the brain which can cause memory issues. In addition to eating the foods listed above, you’ll want to decrease the risk of illnesses that can make your brain age such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes and hypertension.
Other things to avoid are the toxins in your food, water, soil and environment, unnecessary stress, caffeine, sugar, drugs, alcohol and sugar.
Encourage healthy decisions, conscientiousness, positive peer groups, a clean environment, exercise, maintaining a healthy weight, 8 hours of sleep, stress management and gratitude. Saying thank you everyday for the things you have. Friends , family an excellent medical facility. sun on your shoulders, starlight.